Support and Guidance
Below are some contact numbers and websites for any support you may need.
Our Family Liaison Officer Sharon Bennett, is available Mon-Fri to offer parental support. Please call the school office if you would like to organise a meeting with her.
Make a report to one of CEOP's Child Protection Advisors
Organisations to support the wellbeing of your family
- Samaritans – call free 24 hours a day on 116 123
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline – call for free and confidential advice, 24 hours a day on 0808 2000 247
- Shelter provides free confidential information, support and legal advice on all housing and homelessness issues if you call 0330 0536 083 (please note, this is not a free phone number and your call will be charged). A free webchat is available on their website.
- Maudsley Charity - Videos to support in managing a child’s behaviour or if a child is struggling with negative emotions.
- YoungMinds- You can find general parental support on a number of common issues, alongside support on speaking to your child about their wellbeing or how to talk about the coronavirus with a child. There is also a free helpline on 0808 802 5544.
- Solace Women's Aid- Solace Women’s Aid offers free advice and support to women and children in London to build safe and strong lives.
Solace Advice Line - 0808 802 5565
Solace Rape Crisis helpline - 0808 801 0305
- The National Sleep helpline- For help with children's bedtime/ sleep 03303 530 541
Organisations to support parents/carers in speaking about sex education
- Big Talk Education- Tips and advice for talking to your children about relationships, puberty and sex education.
- NHS Surrey- Links to other websites, books and videos to support talking about puberty with children.
- NSPCC- Advice for parents on how to approach topics related to sex education with their child.
- National Autistic Society- Support on approaching topics of puberty and sex education with a child with autism.
Organisations to support parents/carers in speaking about gender and identity (including LGBTQ+)
- YoungMinds- General advice and links to other organisations that can support gender identity.
- NSPCC- Advice on the topic of gender identity, sexuality and sexual orientation.
- Stonewall- Stonewall works for acceptance without exception for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
Stonewall's Information Service: 0800 0502020
Organisations to support parents/carers with children staying safe online
- NSPCC- You will find lots of information and support with different online issues e.g. inappropriate content, parental controls, online games etc
- ChildNet- Links to many topics related to online safety, including cyberbullying, supporting children with SEND online and social media.
- ThinkYouKnow- Information about a huge range of topics related to online safety.
- UK Safer Internet Centre- Tips, advice, guides and resources to help keep children safe online.
Organisations to support parents/carers with bereavement
- Winstons Wish- Winston’s Wish provides emotional and practical bereavement support to children, young people and those who care for them.
National helpline: 08088 020 021
- Child Bereavement UK- Child Bereavement UK supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
National helpline: 08000288840
- St Christopher’s Hospice-Has the understanding that people deal with bereavement in many different ways. With their years of experience, they are able to tailor support to your individual needs after losing a loved one.
- YoungMinds- Information, advice and tips for where you can find support if your child has experienced a bereavement or loss.